Former Tenant Arrears Collections - Best Practice for Welfare Reform
These open workshops, are run by Landlord Information Network (LIN) and are hosted by our partner organisations (see below for dates and booking details).
The workshop is constantly updated to take account of welfare reform changes, as they take effect.
- Improve your performance
- Reduce your FTA arrears
- Selecting a Debt Collection Agency
- Tracing your “ Gone Aways “
- When to write the debt off.
With public spending cuts hitting hard maximising your income collection has become more important than ever. Many organisations have taken a soft approach to the collection of FTA debt, understandably focusing on the collection of current rent arrears where their performance is closely monitored. Often the level of debt amounts to hundreds of thousands of pounds that if collected can make a real difference to your income levels.
There is no doubt that Former Tenant Debt is the hardest of all debt streams to collect but this training will help you to improve your collection rate and reduce the level of bad debt written off. This 1/2 day practical open workshop will enable you to review your FTA policies and procedures and will highlight best practice that will make a real difference to your performance.
People who will benefit from attending this course:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Allocations and sign-up staff
- Housing officers
- Housing advice centre staff
- Service improvement staff
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
What will they learn?
- What information to gain at sign up to aid FTA collections.
- The use of termination forms
- What are positive and negative indicators
- How to ensure agreements are affordable
- The benefits of settlements
- When to use a DCA and how to select one
- Advice on tracing former tenants
- When to write a debt off.
Price including lunch (Open workshops run from 11am - 3pm)
1 delegate £85 + VAT
2 delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £75 + VAT
3 or more delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £65 + VAT