Housing Benefit Payments Direct
Does the majority of your businesses income come from Housing related benefits?
What impact will the introduction of housing-related benefits being paid directly to tenants have, on this income stream?
Keep ahead of the game by ensuring staff have the knowledge to maximize this income stream, book this in-house training course today.
Housing Benefit Direct - Enforced direct payment to the claimant has had a significant impact upon a landlord’s income stream and losses due to unpaid rent. Private landlords have been dealing with this since 2008 and soon it is to be the turn of social landlords.
This 1/2 day open workshop looks at the current rules and what we know so far about the future reforms.
PEOPLE WHO WILL BENEFIT GREATLY FROM ATTENDING THIS COURSE ARE:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Housing Allocation Officers
- Housing Officers
- Homelessness Officers
- Housing Advice Centre Officers
- Voluntary and Charitable Groups dealing with homelessness and resettlement
- Private Landlords
- Board members
- Welfare Benefits Advisors
WHAT WILL THEY LEARN:-
- When the LA may pay the landlord direct
- When the LA MUST pay the landlord direct
- What is meant by “safeguard criteria”
- What a landlord can do to minimise the level of rent arrears
- Who is a “person affected”
- When there is a right to appeal
- The future
Price including lunch (Open workshops run from 11am - 3pm)
1 delegate £85 + VAT
2 delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £75 + VAT
3 or more delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £65 + VAT