Third Party Deductions For Rent Arrears & Alternative Payment Arrangements
Are you a Landlord with tenants who claim Housing Benefit? If yes, how much do you know about Universal Credit, third party deductions for rent arrears, alternative payment arrangements and how these changes will impact on the way rent is paid through the benefit system?
Many landlords are already feeling the negative impact on income collections from the harsh benefits sanctions regime, in addition to concern around the introduction of Universal Credit which will be paid directly to tenants on a monthly basis. From experience we know that these reforms mean that some tenants may choose not to use their benefits to pay their rent.
This brand new 1/2 day open workshop, will give you a brief overview of Universal Credit and will negotiate the maze of how to effectively maximise your rent recovery rates through efficient use of third party deductions and alternative payment arrangements.
PEOPLE WHO WILL BENEFIT GREATLY FROM ATTENDING THIS COURSE ARE:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Housing Allocation Officers
- Housing Officers
- Homelessness Officers
- Housing Advice Centre Officers
- Voluntary and Charitable Groups dealing with homelessness and resettlement
- Private Landlords
- Welfare Benefit Advisors
WHAT WILL THEY LEARN:
- Brief overview of Universal Credit
- Overpayments and Rent Arrears
- What circumstances can landlords request payments to come to them?
- What happens if your tenant is vulnerable?
- Third Party Deductions - who can apply and how to apply
- Paying housing costs directly to a landlord rather than a tenant
- Splitting household Universal Credit payments to two adult members of the household
- Increasing the frequency of payments
- Limitations applicable to deductions
- Priority between debts
- Liaison with DWP
Price including lunch (Open workshops run from 11am - 3pm)
1 delegate £85 + VAT
2 delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £75 + VAT per delegate
3 or more delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £65 + VAT per delegate