Housing Benefit Training - Day 2 (Advanced)
Does the majority of your business's income come from Housing Benefit?
What impact will the review of Housing Benefit have on this income stream?
Keep ahead of the game by ensuring staff have the knowledge to maximize this income stream.
This in-house event is constantly updated to take account of the welfare reforms as they take effect.
We offer the following topics on day 2, which can be tailored to meet your specific needs and delivered in-house:
- Housing Benefit overpayments - your rights
- Deductions from on-going benefits/claw backs - how to get them reduced
- Backdating requests - support tenants in making successful backdating requests
- Housing Benefit on two homes - what circumstances allow for this to be paid
- Housing Benefit prior to occupation - who qualifies
- Temporary absence from home - the 13 and the 52 week rule
- Discretionary Housing payments - how they can help tenants in hardship
- Appeals and tribunals - support tenants in making successful claims
- Welfare Reforms update
- Fraud awareness
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff involved in rent arrears and management
- Allocations staff
- FTA collections staff
- Housing officers
- Housing benefit staff
- Homelessness and housing aid staff
What will they learn:
- The rights of a landlord and your customers
- How to form effective partnerships with HB providers
- How to maximise HB income for your business
- To successfully challenge HB decisions
- HB top tips from a landlord's perspective
- How to make positive differences to customers
If your goal is to achieve top performance in rental income collection, develop effective partnerships with your HB providers, prevent arrears and maximise income for your business, then this course is for YOU.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com