Rent Income Management - Best Practice for Welfare Reform
- Improve your performance
- Reduce your current and FTA arrears
- Understand the reason for non payment
- The potential impact on your rental income of the Welfare Reforms
The Welfare Reform Act 2012 will undoubtedly have an impact on the income you collect from tenants. To help you minimise the impact on your arrears why not book this 1/2 day training course to ensure that you get the basics right and maximise the rental income you collect.
The workshop will be fully tailored to meet your requirements but will include some or all of the following:
- The sign up process – get it right from the start.
- Early intervention – the key to success
- The causes of rent arrears
- The use of letters, phone calls and visits
- Incentive & publicity campaigns
- FTA collection – Inhouse, DCA or a joint approach
This 1/2 day workshop presents practical solutions for social housing providers looking to reduce the impact on their rental income.
This in-house workshop, is constantly updated to take account of the Welfare Reforms as they take effect and is endorsed by Chris Shepherd, Neighbourhoods Manager, Housing Landlord Services, Shropshire Council who says:
“Roy Ibbotson has been there and done it, so when he delivers his training it comes not only with credibility but also with a genuine commitment to help delegates. Roy and LIN ensured that the Negotiation Skills training was geared to our needs and was full of excellent tips and advice, as well as being very motivational.
LIN’s training has ensured that we are now much better prepared to pro-actively maximise our rental income whilst at the same time still delivering excellent levels of customer service that are tailored to meet individual requirements.”
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Allocations and sign-up staff
- Housing officers
- Housing advice centre staff
- Service improvement staff
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
What will they learn:
- An understanding of why tenants go into debt
- Sign up best practice
- The best method of contacting tenants and the way to persuade them to pay you first
- The impact incentive and publicity campaigns can have
- How to collect FTA debt
If your goal is to achieve top performance in rental income collection, develop effective partnerships with your HB providers, maximise income for your customers and minimise arrears for your business, then this course is for YOU.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com