Equality and Diversity in Practice
The Equality Act has provided new challenges for the Housing sector. However, the need to ensure legislative compliance now has to be balanced against the need to protect vulnerable customers from the effects of welfare reforms and a requirement to concentrate on business priorities. This course provides delegates with a good foundation of knowledge, skills and awareness to start appreciating the impact of equal opportunities and the value of diversity within the changing operating environment.
This course not only positions and explores appropriate legislation but goes a step further to look at the value to organisations of sound equality and diversity practices. Exercises examine specific examples for deeper understanding.
Is your organisation balancing its legislative requirements against the overall business priorities?
Ensure your staff understanding the requirements of the Equality Act and are informed to make sensible business decisions within the ever changing operating environment.
The course will cover the following topics, which can be tailored to meet your specific needs and delivered in-house:
- The Equality Act
- The protective characteristics
- Equality and Impact Assessments – making them work for you
- Customer profiling/insight
- Balancing equalities against business priorities
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Policy makers
- Housing Managers
- Housing Officers
- Board members
- Equality and Diversity staff
What will they learn:
- An understanding of the legal background to the Equality Act
- A wider understanding of what social housing organisations’ management must do to comply
- A wider awareness of protected groups and vulnerable customers
Greater Confidence in using Equality Impact Assessment as a business tool
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com