Managing to Live Well on a Reduced Income
With reducing incomes and increasing prices are you helping your tenants cope with the financial strains of Welfare Benefit reform?
If you answer yes to the following questions this open workshop is the one for you – Join us to learn how you can deliver training to groups of tenants and residents.
- Are the majority of your tenants in receipt of benefits?
- Would your tenants and residents benefit from learning how to shop, cook and live a healthier lifestyle on a limited budget?
- Do you want to ensure that your tenants have enough money to pay their rent and that they understand the rent first message?
Changes to Housing and Welfare benefits will make it more difficult for tenants to pay their bills and to make ends meet. Having more money in their pocket will make them better able to pay their rent.
This practical course will ensure staff have the ability to recognise if someone is in difficulty and the skills to offer practical support, in addition it can help landlords prepare and deliver customer focused workshops to groups of tenants and residents to give them the skills, guidance and training to help get more for their money and to understand their payment priorities i.e. this course can be used to 'train the trainer'.
This training course presents practical solutions for social housing providers looking to reduce risk to rental income.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears, income management and Financial Inclusion
- Resident Involvement Staff
- Housing officers
- Homelessness officers
- Housing advice centre staff
- Service improvement staff
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
What will they learn:
- An overview of the Welfare Reforms and the impact on income
- How to make money go further
- How to live well on a reduced income
- Shop effectively on a limited budget
- How to live a healthier lifestyle and eat healthily on a budget
- How to cook family meals on a budget
- Shopping around for utilities
- Train the trainer - learn how you can deliver this training to groups of tenants and residents
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org