Managing on a Reduced Income (Strategic)
With reducing incomes and increasing prices are you helping your tenants cope with the financial strains of Welfare Benefit reform?
If you answer yes to the following questions this open workshop is the one for you – Join us to learn how you can deliver training to groups of tenants and residents.
- Are the majority of your tenants in receipt of benefits?
- Would your tenants and residents benefit from learning how to shop, cook and live a healthier lifestyle on a limited budget?
- Do you want to ensure that your tenants have enough money to pay their rent and that they understand the rent first message?
The changes to Housing and Welfare benefits will have a significant impact on tenant’s income but the reforms look set to have an even greater impact on landlord’s business plans.
This workshop for senior managers and strategic staff will help you understand the advantages of working with your customers to give them the skills to enable them to get more for their money, in addition to the Welfare Reform changes and the impact they will have on both your business and on your customers.
This course will also look at the strategies that could be adopted by forward-thinking organisations to minimise the impact of the reforms -Having more money in their pocket and the rent first message will make your tenants better able to pay their rent.
This 1/2 day workshop presents practical strategies for social housing providers looking to reduce risk to rental income.
People who will benefit greatly from this course are:
- Directors and Chief Officers
- Governance staff
- Service improvement staff
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
- Board members
What will they learn:
- An overview of the Welfare Reform changes and the impact on income
- An understanding of the impacts on customers
- An understanding of the impacts on your business
- Understand the advantages to your business of working with customers to give them the skills to enable them to get more for their money
- How to work with partners
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org