Council Tax Support
Do your tenants claim Council Tax Benefit? Are you aware, Council Tax Benefit has been abolished on 31 March 2013? This will mean that many of your tenants will have to pay Council Tax for the first time. Those tenants receiving some reduction under the old Council Tax Benefit Scheme are likely to find their council tax support decreasing and their council tax bill increasing. Would you like to know the reason for this? Would you like to know about the new schemes and how they will work? Do you want to know how it will be assessed and how you can ensure tenants receive their maximum eligibility under the new scheme of council tax support? Would you like to know about the discretionary funds available that could offer help and support to help tenants meet any shortfall?
If so, look no further, this 1/2 day workshop is for you. It will provide you with the latest knowledge and guidance and updates on the new council tax support schemes, allowing you to offer advice to your tenants, clients, customers, families and friends on how they can take steps to maximise their entitlement to support under these new support schemes.
People who will benefit greatly from this course are:
- Landlords and agents with tenants who will be effected
- Landlords and agents who regularly apply for a Class C Exemption on a property being vacated (as some changes to exemptions may apply)
- Advice agencies offering advice to claimants or vulnerable groups
- Staff supporting tenants who currently receive Council Tax Benefit
- People receiving Council Tax Benefit
What will they learn:
- Background to the old and new scheme
- A detailed overview of the new Council Tax Support Schemes
- Who will be affected and which groups of people are protected
- Ways of maximising entitlements
- Discretionary help that could be available and ways of ensuring that you/your tenants fulfil the criteria
- Ways of applying for this support
If you want to ensure you have knowledge of the new Council Tax Support, and be able to offer advice confidentially, providing support and guidance, to maximise entitlement then this course is for YOU!