Basic IT Skills for Customers - 1 Day Workshop
Would you like to:
- overcome your wariness of computers?
- learn how to use a computer effectively and efficiently?
- appreciate what a computer can do for you e.g. Internet access, e-mail, social media?
- understand the applications that a computer provides e.g. spreadsheets, word processing?
- access essential services via a computer?
Everyone acknowledges that computers are here to stay and indeed can make our lives easier. We’re also aware that computers are often surrounded by their own terminology and can sometimes appear threatening rather than helpful.
This one day, interactive, in-house workshop will give you an introduction to computers. It will cover a combination of the following topics as required by the people attending the session:
- Components and their use e.g. mouse, keyboard
- Functions e.g. types of connections
- Types e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet
- Internet usage e.g. how to access web sites, browsers, bookmarks, favourites
- E-mail e.g. how to set up an e-mail account and access it
- Social media
- Word processing, Spreadsheets and Databases
- Presentation software
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Individuals who have little or basic computer knowledge
- Anyone wishing to review and update their computer skills
- Individuals with a need to access computers for their social or business needs
- Anyone needing to use computers for access to services e.g. benefits
What will they learn:
- How to use a computer securely and safely
- Basic knowledge of computer components
- services accessible via a computer e.g. Internet, e-mail
- computer applications e.g. spreadsheets, word processing, databases
- How to search for and access key services
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com