Basic IT Skills for Staff - 1 Day Workshop
Would you like to help others to:
- overcome their wariness of computers?
- learn how to use a computer effectively and efficiently?
- appreciate what a computer can do for them e.g. Internet access, e-mail, social media?
- understand the applications that a computer provides e.g. spreadsheets, word processing?
- access essential services via a computer?
Everyone acknowledges that computers are here to stay and indeed can make our lives easier. We’re also aware that computers are often surrounded by their own terminology and can sometimes appear threatening rather than helpful. Claimants are being encouraged to use on-line services more and more. Many of these claimants have little or no knowledge of computers and are apprehensive and wary of using them.
This one day, in-house workshop will give you an introduction to computers to be used with claimants. It will cover a combination of the following topics as required by the needs of the people you’re asked to help:
- Components and their use e.g. mouse, keyboard
- Functions e.g. types of connections
- Types e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet
- Internet usage e.g. how to access web sites, browsers, bookmarks, favourites
- E-mail e.g. how to set up an e-mail account and access it
- Social media
- Word processing, Spreadsheet and Databases
- Presentation software
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Individuals or teams who need to assist others e.g. claimants to use computers
- Individuals who have little or basic computer knowledge and need to provide IT assistance to others
- Anyone wishing to review and update their computer skills
- Individuals with a need to access computers for their social or business needs
What will they learn:
- How to use a computer securely and safely
- Basic knowledge of computer components
- services accessible via a computer e.g. Internet, e-mail
- computer applications e.g. spreadsheets, word processing, databases
- How to search for and access key services
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org