Universal Credit - Your Questions Answered
Are you a Landlord and have tenants who claim Housing Benefit? If yes, how much do you know about Universal Credit and how this will change the way rent is paid through the benefit system? Did you know that Universal Credit will be paid direct to your tenant on a monthly basis? How are you going to minimise the impact of this?
- Do you want to know the dates your tenants will get paid?
- Is it paid by cheque or Bacs?
- Do you want to know what will happen if your tenant/resident doesn’t have a bank/building society account?
- Are there any circumstances in which you can request payments to come to you?
- What happens if your tenant is vulnerable?
- Will you have authority to access your tenants claim online?
If you are interested in the answers to the above questions, then this workshop is for you - it will help answer your questions, give staff confidence and will show you ways to minimise the impact of the introduction of Universal Credit.
This workshop will give you tips and techniques that will help you and your tenants through the claiming process and throughout the life of the Universal Credit claim.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Housing Allocation Officers
- Housing Officers
- Homelessness Officers
- Housing Advice Centre Officers
- Voluntary and Charitable Groups dealing with homelessness and resettlement
- Private Landlords
- Welfare Benefit Advisors
What will they learn:
- Background to Universal Credit
- Dates and time frames for introduction
- Different Payment methods
- Sanctions/suspended claims
- The effect of Overpayments/Underpayments
- Your authority to discuss claims
- Vulnerable tenants and their payment methods
- Change of circumstances, Informing process and the effects.
- Liaison with DWP, telephone or online
If you want to provide your tenants with full guidance and support then this course is for YOU!
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org