Local Housing Allowance - Housing Benefit training for Private landlords
Are you a private landlord with tenants who claim Local Housing Allowance? Do you understand who can claim Local Housing Allowance? Do you want to know what the Local Authority expects from you and your tenant? How can you ensure that a claim is processed as quickly as possible? Do you know how to get Local Housing Allowance paid directly to a landlord?
Do you want to know more about the Housing Benefit system for private sector tenants? If your answer is yes - this is the course for you.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Private landlords
- Letting Agencies
- Landlord Agents
What will they learn:
- The start date of a claim and tenancy dates
- How it's claimed
- How it's processed
- Information the tenant has to provide for claim
- The Local Housing Allowance and its rates
- How the Local Housing Allowance criteria works
- Extra room allocation under special rules
- Special circumstances
- Different payments methods
- 8 weeks in arrears rule
- Vulnerable tenants and your role
- Underpayment and overpayment methods
- Direct Earnings Attachment and how this will work
Did you know the Universal Credit is being introduced soon? Do you want to know how this will change the way rent is paid through benefits?
If you answered yes and want to know more about all of the above then this is the right course for you - it will help you understand the procedures in more detail with tips and techniques on how to maximise your rental income and minimise your arrears. Book an in-house session today!
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com