Vfm - Understanding & Delivering Value for Money Workshop
Value for Money (VfM) has and will continue to be a key issue for social landlords. The current financial climate is very tough and for the foreseeable future public expenditure will be very tight. Revenue streams will increasingly feel the strain especially given the likely impact of Welfare Reform.
The ever developing financial models for social housing including HRA self-financing, affordable rents, public spending cuts, Welfare Reform, inflation; how to finance new homes and calls for more transparency mean that social landlords business plans will carry significant debt, meaning that there's never been a more crucial time to understand and focus on the value for money of existing services.
The VfM regulatory standard also introduces a more proactive approach to value for money with an increased focus on operating costs and using assets effectively as a means to help free up financial capacity.
This workshop is designed to ensure that staff in your organisation understand and can deliver value for money across your business. It examines what value for money means, how to develop a VfM strategy and embed value for money within the organisation and the importance of involving staff and tenants to ensure you align your approach to value for money with your organisation's values and business objectives .
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Policy and Strategy leads or officers
- Existing (or new) Councillors, Board members, Scrutiny Panel Members , or groups of Involved Residents looking to develop their understanding of Vfm
- All managers with service and budgetary responsibility - including back office managers responsible for 'overhead' functions such as IT, Communications, Development, HR & Finance
- Staff looking to develop their understanding of Vfm as part of professional development or to help organisations embed understanding of VfM throughout the business
- All other staff - to help organisations embed understanding of VfM throughout the business.
What will they learn
- VfM and the current operating/regulatory environment
- The road to VfM
- VfM the basics
- Developing a VfM strategy
- Embedding VfM in an organisation (board, staff, tenants)
- The importance of involving tenants - giving VfM a tenant focus
NB: We can tailor the workshop to ensure it is appropriate for different levels of understanding - from an introductory level to advanced - and to your existing Vfm strategies or values.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com