Conflict and Resilience Training
Would you like to:
- Understand what resilience is?
- Know what the likely triggers and causes of conflict are?
- Appreciate the effect conflict has on you, both physically and mentally?
- Obtain some simple techniques to help you become more resilient and defuse potential conflict situations?
Resilience is the ability to cope with conflict and other stress-provoking events while remaining calm and professional, and minimising any personal stress signs or symptoms. Training can help build personal resilience to withstand such events. Resilience, both as an antidote to stress and as a means of dealing with conflict is a significant skill that all employees (and employers) can acquire. This will pay dividends in terms of customer relationships and staff well-being and productivity, enable managers and staff to bounce back quickly in the face of challenges and enable individuals to face challenges openly and with confidence.
This 1 day, (optionally 2 day) interactive, in-house workshop will give you and your staff an introduction to Resilience and Conflict. It will help you understand both the causes and effects of conflict and the impact the resultant stress has on the body and mind. The course will cover a number of simple techniques to enable you to recognise conflict before it escalates. In addition, the course will cover useful techniques to employ should conflict arise when dealing with customers and other techniques to increase personal resilience.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Individuals in a leadership or management capacity where individuals may potentially be exposed to conflict situations
- Individuals who routinely deal with customers or clients, especially where conflict can arise
- Individuals and teams wishing to become more resilient and work more productively, efficiently and effectively
- Anyone wishing to understand more about resilience and gain some simple techniques to become more resilient
What will they learn:
- What resilience is
- The causes and effects of conflict
- Some simple techniques to help increase resilience
- Conflict avoidance and defusing techniques
- Questioning and active listening skills
Topics that can be included:
- Conflict Management and Awareness
- Conflict Training
- Risk Assessment and Company Policies
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com