Physical Conflict Training
Would you like to:
- Know what the likely triggers and causes of conflict are?
- Appreciate the effect conflict has on you, both physically and mentally?
- Obtain some simple techniques to help you become more resilient and defuse potential conflict situations?
Anecdotally, almost everyone we know has stories to recount about unpleasant disputes or problems where inevitably “someone else is to blame”. Most conflicts will leave the parties concerned with an unpleasant after taste and a harboured resentment. Some conflicts unfortunately will progress further into formal disputes or grievances, or even into verbal or physical violence. However in every case there will be a detrimental effect on those involved and the organisations they represent. Topics include those in the Conflict Management and Awareness course, together with physical ‘breakaway’ techniques designed purely to enable individuals to escape from incidents and defend themselves lawfully within the scope of Common Law and Section 3 of the Criminal Law Act 1967. Higher level control & restraint skills can be taught, but are normally reserved for those who make lawful arrests as part and parcel of their everyday enforcement work.
This 2 day interactive, in-house workshop will give you and your staff an introduction to Conflict Management, focusing on Physical Conflict training. It will help you understand both the causes and effects of conflict and the potential impact that can result to staff, managers and the organisation. In addition it will cover the legal obligations of organisations, managers and staff with reference to the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the Corporate Manslaughter & Homicide Act 2007, and other Statutory Instruments. The course will also cover a number of simple techniques to enable you to recognise conflict before it escalates and useful techniques to employ should conflict arise when dealing with customers and other techniques to increase personal resilience. All training given is “court credible” and is as delivered to UK police. External accreditation via Northern Council for Education (NCFE) can be provided at a small additional cost per student.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Individuals in a leadership or management capacity where individuals may potentially be exposed to conflict situations
- Individuals in a leadership or management capacity who have a responsibility for staff and organisational welfare
- Individuals who routinely deal with customers or clients, especially where conflict can arise
- Anyone wishing to understand more about resilience and gain some simple techniques to become more resilient
What will they learn:
- The causes and effects of conflict
- The legal (and moral) obligations towards all staff
- Appropriate levels of procedures for Conflict Management
- Conflict avoidance and defusing techniques
This course can only be run with 2 qualified trainers and a max of 12 attendees (must be an even number of attendees). The venue must afford an area of 7 sq metres per student free of obstructions and risk assessed for practical exercises. Trainers provide all necessary matting and equipment if needed, and the venue must be risk assessed. All trainers will have at least 20 years police experience. The training is licensed for 12 months after which refresher training is mandatory to maintain the licence.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com