Conflict Management and Awareness
Would you like to:
- Know what the likely triggers and causes of conflict are?
- Appreciate the effect conflict has on you, both physically and mentally?
- Understand what resilience is?
- Obtain some simple techniques to help you become more resilient and defuse potential conflict situations?
Conflict takes many forms and guises, from the subtle or insidious through bullying and intimidation to “full-on” confrontation where insults (or worse) are exchanged. While conflict in some cases is healthy, it needs to be carefully controlled so that the outcome is always positive and those concerned don’t come away bruised (emotionally or physically) and with the sense that they have “lost” and the other has “won”. Conflict can arise between individuals, teams and organisations, in addition to that experienced by customer facing organisations e.g. help desks, service organisations.
This workshop explores the theory and practice of managing conflict and how to be resilient, and is suitable for both office and field-based staff, those receiving telephone abuse, and even those who very rarely experience any form of physical or non-physical abuse or violence. Resilience is the ability to cope with conflict and other stress-provoking events while remaining calm and professional, and minimising any personal stress signs or symptoms. This will pay dividends in terms of customer relationships and staff well-being and productivity, enable managers and staff to bounce back quickly in the face of challenges and enable individuals to face challenges openly and with confidence.
This 1 day, (optionally 2 day) interactive, in-house workshop will give you and your staff an introduction to Conflict Management and Resilience. It will help you understand both the causes and effects of conflict and the impact the resultant stress has on the body and mind. The course will cover a number of simple techniques to enable you to recognise conflict before it escalates. In addition, the course will cover useful techniques to employ should conflict arise when dealing with customers and other techniques to increase personal resilience. All training given is “court credible” and is as delivered to UK police. External accreditation via Northern Council for Education (NCFE) can be provided at a small additional cost per student.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Individuals in a leadership or management capacity where individuals may potentially be exposed to conflict situations
- Individuals who routinely deal with customers or clients, especially where conflict can arise
- Individuals and teams wishing to become more resilient and work more productively, efficiently and effectively
- Anyone wishing to understand more about resilience and gain some simple techniques to become more resilient
What will they learn:
- What resilience is
- The causes and effects of conflict
- Some simple techniques to help increase resilience
- Conflict avoidance and defusing techniques
- Questioning and active listening skills
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com