PhoneCoach rent arrears training (Bespoke and in-depth) - The course to learn efficient and effective telephone arrears collection techniques
- Improve your telephone collections performance
- Learn how to take control of calls
- Practically apply learning in a safe environment
- Maximise your rental income
Reduce your arrears
The changes to the Benefits System and Welfare Reform are having a detrimental impact on the income you collect from tenants. To help you minimise the impact on your arrears why not book this LIN training course which will help build and develop personal telephone skills to promote confident and effective communication skills. Attendance on this course will result in increased income collections and offers your staff first class training tips and techniques to develop effective recovery action.
The best way to develop any skills is by practising it; discussing it, watching videos, listening to people, reading notes all help but practice is what helps most – especially practice which can be reviewed and analysed in a safe training environment without the pressure of the job and without a real customer on the other end of the line.
Due to Data Protection limitations we cannot work with your live data but we have developed a number of scenarios that reflect issues your staff will come across on a daily basis. We ask the delegates to be a mixture of staff and tenants and the PhoneCoach kit records the calls that are made. We then play them back, stop/start the call and ask delegates to critique what they have heard - constructive evaluation. How can the call potentially be improved and then we drip feed tips and techniques which we consider advantageous. This is where the delegates, up to a maximum 12 people, derive the major benefits as they can practice our recommendations in a safe learning environment.
This practical two day, in depth course, concentrates on three areas vital to successful collection on the telephone: good technique, improved communication skills and a confident approach. This training course will ensure delegates are able to improve telephone payment collections, in addition to improving performance overall in collecting debts and reducing arrears.
The workshop includes the following but can be tailored to meet your requirements:
- Best practice on improving collections
- How to negotiate effectively
- Tips to deal more efficiently with difficult customers
- Learning to be more assertive
- Improving listening skills
- The importance of tonality
- First impressions do count
- Adopting the right image
- Maximising customer contact
- Information to help the negotiation process
This in-house course, is endorsed by a large, national housing association:
‘No training can be a panacea but it certainly helped support our journey and the good practice from other organisations, Associations and the private sector was invaluable. I would personally recommend this training if you want to see results. Did it secure results? Well the proof of the pudding is in the eating! It created clarity of skills and knowledge of who would be good at this type of work. In one of my offices we increased the cash collected by £45K compared to the same time in the previous year and overall reduced arrears by between 0.75% and 1% in 9 months.’
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Housing officers
- Contact centre staff
- Housing advice centre staff
- Service improvement staff
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
- Call centre staff
- Staff responsible for collecting tenant profiling information
- All staff and managers involved in the collection process who deal with the public either over the telephone or face to face.
What will they learn:
- Using the telephone to your advantage
- Understanding the importance of taking control
- Increasing your assertiveness skills
- Development of effective negotiation traits
- Develop a professional phone manner
- Practising our recommendations in a safe environment using typical scenarios
This is an excellent course providing real value for money and with excellent feedback from staff who attend. The course will also ensure your organisations key messages to staff are delivered, during the day. If your goal is to achieve top performance in rental income collection and minimise arrears for your business, then this course is for YOU.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com