Void Property Management
With changes to the allocations code of guidance, the removal of the spare room subsidy and the abolition of Council Tax benefit, the demand for social housing is changing and we are starting to see an increase in the numbers of ‘low demand’ properties.
Whilst trying to make the best use of stock and allocate according to need we are beginning to see an increase in the number of refusals but still need to ensure we are making the best use of the stock available.
This 1/2 day workshop practical course will help social sector landlords review their void processes to ensure that void properties are not only turned around within the quickest possible time, but that they are also lettable to the customers on the waiting list.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
- Allocations and Lettings staff
- Property service staff
What will they learn:
- An overview of the legislation and code of guidance
- Best practice ideas for other providers
- How to review the impacts of any changes
- How to best use performance information
- An understanding of different options and the impacts
- Communication strategies
- How to manage the client/contractor relationship
- How to overcome factors that can prevent customers moving
How to increase the levels of mutual exchanges
If you are looking to ensure that properties are turned around within the quickest possible time, whilst sill being lettable to the new customers on the waiting list, this course is for you.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: email@example.com