The Allocation of Social Housing
With the introduction of the Localism Act, review of the allocations code of guidance and the removal of the spare room subsidy the demand for social housing is changing.
With the requirement to address the needs of vulnerable customers, those in priority need and current tenants with a need to move, it is imperative that we make the best use of the stock available.
This 1/2 day workshop practical course will help social sector landlords and local authorities to review and rewrite their allocations policies and tenancy strategies.
People who will benefit greatlt from attending this course are:
- Staff working in strategy and policy teams
- Allocations and Lettings staff
What will they learn:
- An overview of the legislation and code of guidance
- Best practice ideas for other providers
- How to review the impacts of any changes
- An understanding of different options and the impacts
- What should be communicated to customers
- What customer base information should be gathered
- How to overcome factors that can prevent customers moving
How to increase the levels of mutual exchange
If you are a social sector landlord or a local authority looking to review and rewrite their allocations policies and tenancy strategies, this course is for you.
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org