Sundry Debts - DIY Debt Collections
These training courses are run by Landlord Information Network (LIN) and are hosted by our partner organisations (see below for dates and booking details).
The course is constantly updated to take account of Welfare Reform changes, as they take effect.
In the current economic climate it has never been more important to ensure debts are paid. All too often Landlords find they can get an order ordering the debtor to pay the debt but the debtor still does not pay the debt.
- Improve your performance
- Reduce your sundry debts
Landlord Information Networks DIY Debt Collection 1 day training course aims to train your in house team to do their own debt collection from debt to county court judgement to enforcement and payment. It covers all types of sundry debts including rechargeable works and service charges. The emphasis is on the practical and by the end of their training, officers should be able to carry out debt collection from the initial letters to payment of the debt.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- Revenues officers
- Officers involved with pursuing unpaid debts to housing associations and councils
- All staff and managers involved in sundry debt recovery
- Arrears recovery staff
- Former Tenant Arrears Officers
- Housing officers
What will they learn:
- Investigate why the debts have arisen and take action to reduce further debts accruing in the same way
- Assess the most efficient and effective way to pursue debts
- How to take a debtor to court to obtain judgment for the debt
- What to say at any court hearing
- What forms of enforcement are available
- Decide upon the most appropriate forms of enforcement
- How to take enforcement action
Price including lunch (Training courses run from 11am - 3pm)
1 delegate £85 + VAT
2 delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £75 + VAT
3 or more delegates, booked at the same time, from the same organisation £65 + VAT