Welfare Benefits & Immigration Rules
- Are you a landlord? Do you have any tenants who claim Housing Benefits who are non-UK Nationals?
- If so, how much do you know about the changes to welfare benefits & the immigration rules?
Are you aware of how these changes will impact on the way rent is paid through the benefits system?
The Benefits system can be difficult to navigate, even more so with non-UK nationals. This is a very complex area of the law and is subject to constant change and scrutiny. This brand new course will give delegates a basic understanding of the Welfare Benefits & Immigration Rules and will give practical advice to staff around re-housing, ensuring allocations are appropriate. In addition to dealing with rent collection issues, ensuring staff have the necessary knowledge required to maintain rent collection levels and reduce arrears in these uncertain times.
This full day training course will help answer your questions, give staff confidence and will show you ways to minimise the impact of the changes to Welfare Benefits & Immigration Rules.
People who will benefit greatly from attending this course are:
- All staff and managers involved in rent arrears and income management
- Housing Allocation Officers
- Housing Officers
- Homelessness Officers
- Housing Advice Centre Officers
- Voluntary and Charitable Groups dealing with homelessness and resettlement
- Private Landlords
Welfare Benefit Advisors
What will they learn:
- Brief background to the Welfare Benefits & Immigration Rules
- Housing Allocations
- Restricting access to UK benefits for non-UK nationals and the important exceptions
- Right to reside
- EEA Migrants Access to Benefits
- Benefits and what to do once a tenant is housed
- Opportunity to network and share good practice and top tips
If you want to improve stock managment and maximise your income to improve recovery rates then this course is for YOU!
If you are interested in accessing this training package please contact Claire Turner Director of the Landlord Information Network, to discuss bespoke training on T: 01246 413791 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org